Post your comments!
Obama, Biden Sit Down for Beers With Gates, Crowley
• Pres. Obama and VP Joe Biden shared a drink and some snacks with Cambridge Police Sgt. James Crowley and Harvard University professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. yesterday at the White House.
• The media was kept about 30 feet away from the table where the four men sat with their beers in frosty mugs and snacked on pretzels and peanuts.
• Pres. Obama said he learned before the sit-down over beers that Gates and Crowley already had their own private conservation, which he called "a testament to them."
• Crowley told reporters there were no apologies offered at the meeting, but that he and Gates already have planned a follow up meeting to continue the conversation.
Pres. Obama To Make Cameo on ‘George Lopez’ Pilot In Nov.
• George Lopez has a special guest star to open the pilot of his upcoming late night talk show for TBS.
• In a clip shown during a Tuesday meeting of the Television Critics Association, the comedian stands across from Pres. Obama to beg for a position in his cabinet.
• Pres. Obama lightly brushes him off, saying: "George, you need to change late night. That's the kind of change I can believe in."
• The show will air in November.
E. Lynn Harris Died of Heart Attack, Coroner Says
• A coroner's official says heart disease, complicated by high blood pressure and a hardening of the arteries, is what killed author E. Lynn Harris last week.
• Los Angeles County Coroner Craig Harvey confirmed that the 54-year-old author died of a heart attack brought on by cardio-vascular disease.
• Harris collapsed on Thursday while promoting his latest book, "Basketball Jones," in Los Angeles.
iPhone vulnerable to hacker attacks
• Security experts have uncovered flaws in Apple’s iPhone that they said hackers can exploit to take control of the phone.
• This is done by sending computer code via the phone's SMS system.
• Mobile phones use SMS to send and receive text messages along with software upgrades.
• The phone's users cannot detect that it is receiving the malicious code.
• They have successfully tested the hacks on iPhones running on networks of four carriers in Germany along with AT&T Inc in the U.S.
• Criminal will probably develop software to break into iPhones within about two weeks.
NFL: Vick says he's close to signing
• Michael Vick is close to signing with a professional football team, but refused to elaborate.
• Coaches for the Raiders, Bears, Lions, Seahawks, Vikings and Titans all said they were not interested in signing Vick.
• The NFL Commissioner conditionally reinstated Vick on Monday.
• Vick is free to sign with a team and could be playing in the NFL by week six.
Michigan Man jailed for assault during Monopoly game
• A friendly game of Monopoly turned ugly when a Fraser, Mich. (Detroit suburb) man hit a friend after she refused to sell him Boardwalk and Park Place.
• Kenneth Reppke, 54, hit the 56-yr-old woman in the side of the head and knocked her off a chair, knocking off her glasses.
• Fraser was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery.
Utah boy, 7, drives off to avoid going to church
• A a 7-year-old Utah boy, who did not want to go to church, stole his family’s car for a Sunday drive.
• Weber County Sheriff's deputies spotted a white Dodge Intrepid driving recklessly Sunday and pursued it.
• The car never went faster than 40 mph, and officers could not stop it.
• The driver eventually pulled into a driveway in and stopped.
• Deputies were surprised when a little boy jumped out and ran into his home.
• They boy was not charged because he is too young to prosecute.
Unstable S.C. man on probation for horse sex has sex with same horse again
• A S. Carolina man was arrested for having sex with a horse, while on probation for having sex with the same horse.
• Rowdell Vereen [vuh-reen], 50, was caught by the filly's shotgun-toting owner, who also has video surveillance of the perverse act.
• Vereen was charged with trespassing, and was held on $10,000 bail.
Post your comments!
Call The Michael Baisden Show Hotline at 1-888-522-4733 and leave your comments about this topic! You could hear your comments on today's show. Keep your comments to 30 seconds or less!
Any comment posted that does not relate to the featured blog will be removed without notice. Thank you for