· Authorities caught the suspect in the botched Times
Square bombing, seizing a Pakistani-American citizen moments before he was set
to begin a long trip to Pakistan.
· Faisal Shahzad, 30, was arrested last night at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport.
· He was on board a flight when law enforcement called the plane back to the gate.
· Shahzad appears in federal court today.
· Cell phone calls helped lead police to the suspect in the failed bombing attempt.
· The Nissan Pathfinder had its VIN number removed
from the dashboard; police climbed under the SUV and retrieved the VIN from the
bottom of its engine block.
· This breakthrough led investigators to the vehicle's registered owner and then to Shahzad, who purchased the SUV 3 weeks ago.
Post your comments!