As often as they are warned against it, sometimes exes do get back together. Re-dating someone you have been with before has its share of problems, and can sometimes end in disaster. However, re-dating your ex can mean that you were actually meant to be with one another, and can mean a fresh start for the both of you. Often, time apart shows how much you mean to each other, and rekindling lost love might be just what you need.
Before you decide to re-date your ex, a conversation should take place during which boundaries are set. You cannot simply pretend that this is the first go-round, and issues from your previous break-up(s) need to be addressed. Perhaps both of you have grown in your time apart, and that issue no longer stands between you, but that needs to be established before things get hot and heavy.
1. Past is Past - agree that the past is stricken from the record and that you are going to move on from a fresh, open-minded perspective.
2. Look for Signs – do not constantly accusing your ex of behaviors, but protect yourself if something feels wrong
3. Give the Benefit of the Doubt - be open and honest about concerns
4. Be Careful of Fights - never throw old arguments into the face of your partner
Post your comments!
* Add your comments to our Facebook Fan Page - Michael Baisden Live: http://www.facebook.com/michaelbaisdenlive
* Send your comments about this topic with a video! Click the "Video" tab, then click "Add Videos" to upload your video onto ISeeColor. Add keyword tags to the video relating to your comment so we can find it. Remember to keep your comments to less than one minute!
* Any comment posted that does not relate to the featured blog will be removed without notice. Thank you for your cooperation