Some couples rush into engagement and then discover that perhaps they are not ready to get married. Some couples are engaged and then have irreconcilable differences and break up. Just like in marriage, some partners have affairs or cheat on their fiance.
For whatever reason that it is, some couples end their engagements. While these couples are lucky that the marriage ended before it ever began, it still leaves the dilemma of what to do with the engagement ring.
- Most believe that the woman keeps it. Some women feel that the ring was given to them as a gift and that gifts are not to be taken away. They refuse to give up the ring.
- The woman does not want it. If the woman has bitter feelings toward the ex-fiance she may want no part of the ring.
- She gives it back. If the couple mutually ends the engagement on good terms, she may willingly give it back.
- If the two remain friends she may feel that returning the ring is the right thing to do. If she was the cause of the break up, she may feel bad about keeping the ring.
However, is the the meat of this discussion a simply YES the man gets the ring back? The man did pay for the ring? After the engagement is off the ring should not be a symbol anymore, so why does she need to keep it?
Post your comments!
* Add your comments to our Facebook Fan Page - Michael Baisden Live:
* Send your comments about this topic with a video! Click the "Video" tab, then click "Add Videos" to upload your video onto ISeeColor. Add keyword tags to the video relating to your comment so we can find it. remember to keep your comments to less than one minute!
*Any comment posted that does not relate to feature blog will be removed without notice. Thank You for your cooperation