I have a good friend I call when I need a little testosterone translation.  I asked his opinion on the passage below. He could only say, “Yes, I agree with that statement.”  When I asked numb nuts a few questions, he couldn’t answer, which leads me to believe this is not an accurate assessment of women.

Appealing To His "Sexual" Side Instead Of His Emotional Side 

Many women make the mistake of thinking that men are primarily driven by sex alone... and think if they can attract a man SEXUALLY they will be able to attract him EMOTIONALLY as well.

Women too often give up sex to a man in the hopes that it will translate into a relationship and get them what they want. In reality, a man has the capacity to view a sexual connection and an emotional connection as two entirely different things, and it requires a special set of skills to mold these two things together in a man's mind... and keep them connected.

Men are out for far more than just sex... and a woman who knows how to fulfill a man EMOTIONALLY and SEXUALLY will be the woman who captures a man's heart... and gets that same fulfillment for HERSELF.

My questions:

Any truth to this passage? When the average man approaches you with sex on the brain, hence men are driven by sex.

Really explain and provide examples for the bold section of the passage. My main issue.

What are the special set of skills? (coughing BS)

And anything else you would like to add.

Views: 537

Replies to This Discussion

What no takers!!! Are we all in agreement this is BS? Or did everyone take a day off like I did?
Men are have only one side. The sex side. For me this is BS.
I see Write1...and you to Taz.. so tell us what time it is then...better yet let me know so i can manup!!
@Doc,
Please allow me to clean up my first comment. I should not say this is BS, I was hoping to get an honest male opinion on the subject.

Your take would be greatly appreciated.
This is not necessarily BS. Men have an emotional side that needs attention.
Really!!! Renaa!!!
I agree with much of this discussion and find very little BS in it. Let me try to take it one question at a time.

In reality, a man has the capacity to view a sexual connection and an emotional connection as two entirely different things This is the truest statement in the discussion. I've been known to put sistas in 3 catergories: 1. wifey material 2. out going good date material (we really enjoy each others company in/out of bed. 3. Booty Call material (no I aint taking you nowhere, you best get yours before I get mine).

When the average man approaches you with sex on the brain, hence men are driven by sex. I disagree that we are driven by sex but yes when I step to a sister I'm thinking about her sexually. I think most sista would appreciate this straight up in your face mentality. I've known sistas to date men (myself included) just for a meal, or concert tickets.

What are the special set of skills? (coughing BS) Write1 your thoughts on this one maybe on the money. Only advice I got on this one is too start paying attention to your man. The sista that says "Sex is all my man wants from me" is the same sista that ain't PAYING F_ _ _IN' ATTENTION and will soon be out of the wifey material catergory.
okay Smokin B, good answer. I can go with SOME of this.
In reality, a man has the capacity to view a sexual connection and an emotional connection as two entirely different things, and it requires a special set of skills to mold these two things together in a man's mind... and keep them connected.

I agree with this statement, however, I think that since men aren't wired to be in tune with their emotional side to ask them what those qualities are is just pointless. I think that they know it when they see it and they will go after it.
@Yolanda, are you saying there is no special set of skills?
There are, but I don't think men can pinpoint it if you ask them. It's kind of like a guy I knew that broke up with his girlfriend of 5 years. They had 2 kids together but he never put a ring on it. Fast forward a few months later and he was married. When he was asked why the new girl got a ring but not his baby's momma he just shrugged his shoulders. I think she had whatever qualities he was looking for but he just couldn't articulate it into words. We all know the generic cook, clean, sex, blah, blah, blah, but there is something specific every man is looking for.
Women too often give up sex to a man in the hopes that it will translate into a relationship and get them what they want. In reality, a man has the capacity to view a sexual connection and an emotional connection as two entirely different things, and it requires a special set of skills to mold these two things together in a man's mind... and keep them connected.
Men are out for far more than just sex... and a woman who knows how to fulfill a man EMOTIONALLY and SEXUALLY will be the woman who captures a man's heart... and gets that same fulfillment for HERSELF.

A to the COT-damn MEN!

:-)

RSS

Members

© 2014   Created by MingleCity.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service