1 Corinthians 7

Concerning Married Life
 1 Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6 I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7 I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

8 Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. 9 But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

Have you ever asked your self why I am not married.Paul never married. Not all will get married. I believe God prepares who he has chosen to walk in singleness. When you are  single you devote more time to the things of God. Being married you have to take care of your husband needs also,

We also have to understand when God is preparing you for a mate he has to clean out all your hurts and pain that you will not take the pass hurts into another relationship. I gave my self the test. When you can mention pass lovers name and not feel nothing in your spirit you are ready. When we sleep with men their spirit is deposit into you, and if you been sleeping around God has to work much out you. This can take years. be encourage God knows you want to be married, he will send him. Wait on God!

MzJubilee, Im not doing so well and I don't know what to do. I thank God for this group but sometimes I feel like the lone duck. I read all of the responses  here and wish so much that I had some years under my belt and that they seem so far away. I know that your words are so true and that gives me hope

@Cynthia, it is one day at a time. The only thing that helped me walk for so long, i turned my attention to God, without him i would of never made it. At least you have it in your mind that you are trying. You are still young therefore you do your best to stay celibate. If you fall you get back up and try again. My daughter was also walking and she fell, I told her to get back up again. I had children that i dedicated my life to.  I could not raise my children telling them not to bring differant men in the house when they are watching you. It's a mothers sacrifice.You will have to stay busy or you will slip. I still have moments when I have met some men who i knew i would be weak around. I dont set my self up for the fall. It is like drinking or smoking weed. I cant stop if it is in my face all the time.

You are not alone so don't think you are. Think of it like this you had a reason to stop having sex we all do if you don't know what it is yet pray about it. You can not say because you are single because either way there is someone who will have sex with you. Stay strong.

This is a very good and need subject to the many people who are chosen to be single. Life comes in so many forms of Happiness, and the best remembered is the ones as a child. Even though we are all formed in the image of the Heavenly Father, one of the special gifts He gave us was to multiply. Sex is a beautiful experience but is over rated in the area of

love, because you can have sex with someone, but not love them. This is why marriage is a vow. It is written and agreed with as this for better or worse, sickness and in health, richer or poorer, until death do you part. Then it is written, what God have put together, let no man pull it apart.

Now, I am not an expert in marriage, because I am divorced. I am not expert on relationships because I am now celebrate, but what I can tell you is this. When we whole heartedly except Christ Jesus as a personal Lord and Savior, let Him lead, then we are being transformed into the image inwhich the Heavenly Father created us. Sure He understands this place of singleness, this place of wanting someone's special touch and someone who you can share your life with. Now the compassion of the Heavenly Father shows this! Genesis 2:18

The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

Since we are the children of the Heavenly Father, does that not apply to all of Us. Some thing are best left alone in prayer and waiting on the Lord.

Love and Blessings

Karen

either way, be content in whatever State you're in .... smiles ....

I have come to terms with, what ever God chooses for me, i am good with it. I miss the conversation some times. Every woman loves to hear a mans input on life.  I have moments when i want a man to hold me especially if i am going through. Everyone longs for laying their head on a chest crying. Walking alone has  good days and bad days. This walk with God in your singleness places you in a realm many never enter. I am fickle, some times i want a man, next day i don't. Must be having a *senior moment*

RSS

Members

© 2014   Created by MingleCity.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service