Good or bad?

Views: 1038

Replies to This Discussion

I truly believe the answer is rooted in the beginning in Genesis when God said that it is not good for man to be alone.  God made us to have relationship, but there is order to us entering into relationship (Marriage).  The act of masturbation is to please one sexually, come on let's be real, the definition of celibacy is to abstain from sex, so when you masturbate, you are still entertaining sex.  Don't allow the enemy to fool you with this.  This could also be a problem later once you enter into a marriage covenant with your mate that God has for you.  There are men and women who cannot be pleased by the opposite sex due to masturbating to turn themselves on or to get relief.  Be careful, because you could easily become addicted to it.  See it as any other sin to flee from and keep in prayer if you are having difficulty in this area.  Oh yes, we say it's better because it's between you and God, but their are consequences as stated above.  Let's face it sex is good, God made it to be but there is order and masturbation is not God's will.  I'm not here to debate the issue, but to bring light to it.  Just like God can keep you when you decide to be TOTALLY celibate.  He can also keep you so that you don't have to masturbate.  Let's not be deceived.  Love you all through the truth.
i was going to check the bible for reference to masturbation, Thank you Favor for that.
I have been walking in celibacy since 1994. I choose not to tell people yes or no. I have the HolySpirit, and the conscience will let you know what is right or wrong. Only God knows and he judges the heart. Those who choose not to this is great. Those who choose to do it is still all good. To each's own.If God does not convict you who cares what others say.

Hello Everyone....Interesting Group...

Great question...I like many others here find nothing wrong with masturbating...it has many benefits...firstly it's a muscle...so if you are going to be celebate you need to be working that muscle so when you do get into a relationship it will function...just like other muscles if you don't use them they loose the ability to function as they should...secondly...abstaining from sex does not make you not human...many of use here are in the prime of our lives...there is a concern about becoming addicted...I've been back and forth...when I was married my desire for sex didn't change because I masturbated as a teenager...I've been celibate for five plus years a couple of times...when I was in a relationship I think the physical was better...because the muscle worked...I say if it will keep you from a worse sin...why not...

Well it's all about how that person see's it,but I do it from time to time when I'm not tired from working 2 jobs and online classes.

RSS

Members

© 2014   Created by MingleCity.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service