These musicians are rising stars in the world of jazz.   Here are links to their MySpace Music or official private websites.

REBECA MAULEÓN Website

BEFORE you watch it, I need to correct something MS MAULEÓN will state in this video. Jazz was never "...African music". Jazz began as the musical expressions of diasporic decendants of Africans who were ALL conceived and born here in America. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT MAKES JAZZ HISTORICAL AND IMPORTANT! These musicians created jazz, a totally new and complex music, in several styles, during the time they were forgetting traditional African music and developing their own here. Refer the GENERAL DISCUSSION: "The Roots of Jazz", CLICK HERE

felicia

FELICIA MCKIVER a.k.a. FELICIOUS

shamie

Yes, she's Tia Fuller's sister! Pianist, SHAMIE (FULLER) ROYSTON

jessyj

Philly's best-kept jazz secret, JESSY J

gailj

Pianist, GAIL JOHNSON

"Gothic jazz" pianist, RACHAEL Z

msudler

Philly's best-kept jazz secret, MONNETTE SUDLER

maye

Germany's ANNETTE MAYE

Tags: jazz

Views: 63

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, Lovebird. No, I'm not the awesome at all. Here, it's all about these incredibly talented women of jazz who keep creating and playing it, no matter what they have to endure and sacrifice. Also it's about YOU, the membership who appreciate their work. Many people have started to add their music to their collections. Bringin' good people and great talents together. Those are my rewards!
Charlee I didn't know that you had Jessy J on here I like her muisc alot keep inform on the lastest that you have going on.
To DaKing: The link to Jessy J's website should keep you updated on her music and schedule. It's just beneath her picture. She's somethin', isn't she? In fact, they all are!
To FamilyMan: Glad you love it, my friend. Hope you keep coming back and add their music to your personal collection.

RSS

Members

© 2014   Created by MingleCity.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service