"Those who READ more get more."

READING THE TRIBUTES will make you knowledgable about these female jazz musicians. Below are 10 questions based on information in the Tributes Section. NO SLACKING! Everyone should be able to answer the 1st question if nothing else. Take all the time you need. I'll email answers 2-10 to all who participate.

The very 1st (3-part) question prompted me to start this group. At this point, naming a non-musician will get you banned from here :)

1. WHO is your favorite female jazz musican, WHY, and WHAT recording(s) by her do you like best?

2. NAME two (2) current and active all-female jazz bands.

3. WHAT song did Nina Simone lose over $1 million in royalties from, and why?

4. WHICH 2 of our featured musicians are sisters (related) and what instruments do they play?

5. NAME 2 female jazz musicians who were or are married to jazz musicians.

6. WHO was Tiny Davis?

7. WHAT do Candy Dulfer, Rhonda Smith and Sheila E have in common?

8. WHERE was violinist, Regina Carter, born?

9. WHO taught bassist, Esperanza Spalding, to play the violin?

10. HOW old was Mary Lou Williams when she started playing piano professionally? Hint: Check her TRIBUTE'S music player!

MAKE-UP QUESTION: Answering this correctly will make up for one (1) skipped or incorrect answer to the questions above:

NAME 1 business and 3 ISC artists who are listed in the BUSINESS DIRECTORY section.

Tags: jazz

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, I'll skip to number three [3]...

The song that cause the loss was 'My Baby Just Cares For Me'. Because she sold the rights to the album titled 'Little Girl Blue' for 3,000 dollars, she could not benefit from the royalties that were due upon the re-release of 'My Baby Just Cares For Me' [sometime in the 1980's] which, because of it's success, was well over $1,000,000.
8] Detroit in '66
To Joseph: I know you to be a man of your word and that you'll complete the quiz. When you're done I'll send you the answers in a message. Keep going, bless your heart! :)
I'd like to thank the academy! all the wonderful women who grace us with their talent ,and the sweetest, loveliest sista on ISC, keep it coming, Luv Ya Charlee!!!!!!
To Wess: LOL! Well alright, gone wit ya bad self! You've every right to make an acceptance speech; this quiz was no cake walk. That's why you are in the STAR SLIDESHOW, my friend. Seems like proud parents are up for any challenge. You and Family Man are certainly no jokes!
To Family Man: CONGRATS! YA DID IT! I knew from all the time you've spent reading the tributes, listening to music and leaving comments in them you'd be able to ace this quiz. Sooo into the STAR SLIDESHOW ya go! Sorry, I deleted your and Wess' completed quiz answers so others can enjoy the same challenge. That doesn't take away from the fact that you two can hold your own in any conversation about female jazz musicians PLUS the history of the genre, itself.
Hi, Family Man: Glad you enjoyed this! As soon as 5 members complete the quiz like you and Wess did. However, if you just gotta have something to do let me know and I'll create and email a quiz just for you. ((smile))
100 thumbs up,for this Charlee,i will not take part because...PLAYING WITH WOMEN GROUPS,BANDS & SOLOIST FOR UMPTINE YEARS JUST WOULD'NT BE FAIR TO THOSE WHO CAN REALLY LEARN A LOT FROM THIS!!!
AND MY FAVORITE FEMALE ARTIST.........IS ALL OF THEM BECAUSE I DON'T SEETHE WOMAN 1ST,IHEAR HER BEAUTY IN HER INSTRUMENT THEN I OPEN MY EYE'S TO A FANTASTIC MUSICIAN JAMMIN LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW THEN I SAY SHE 'S KICKIN ASK ME ABOUT IT AGAIN!!!!
BOTTOM LINE ALL FEMALE MUSICIANS ARE JUST LIKE ALL OF US(MUSICIANS)THEY JUST COME IN A REALLY NICE PACKAGE ALL OF THEM!!!!!
Ricky Cosmo Francis
I just joined and would be happy to answer all of the questions, for Jazz is my favorite genre of music. Do I provide the answers here or somewhere else?

Greetings, Amir ~*

THANK YOU for joining. 

All of the answers are within the Tributes sections and yes, you can reply here, my brother.

RSS

Members

© 2014   Created by MingleCity.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service