I'VE POSTED THIS BEFORE, i THINK IT'S TIME TO BRING IT BACK, AND I HOPE ALL THE WHITE ISC FAMILY WILL READ IT AND SEE THEMSELVES IN THIS. yOU TO " FREDRICK LOTT & JIMMY PRATT"

Andrew M. Manis is associate professor of history at Macon State College in Georgia and wrote this for an editorial in the Macon Telegraph.

Andrew M. Manis: When Are WE Going to Get Over It?

For much of the last forty years, ever since America "fixed" its race problem in the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts, we white people have been impatient with African Americans who continued to blame race for their difficulties. Often we have heard whites ask, "When are African Americans finally going to get over it?
Now I want to ask: "When are we White Americans going to get over our ridiculous obsession with skin color? Recent reports that "Election Spurs Hundreds' of Race Threats, Crimes" should frighten and infuriate every one of us. Having grown up in "Bombingham," Alabama in the 1960s, I remember overhearing an avalanche of comments about what many white classmates and their parents wanted to do to John and Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King. Eventually, as you may recall, in all three cases, someone decided to do more than "talk the talk."

Since our recent presidential election, to our eternal shame we are once again hearing the same reprehensible talk I remember from my boyhood.
We white people have controlled political life in the disunited colonies and United States for some 400 years on this continent.
Conservative whites have been in power 28 of the last 40 years. Even during the eight Clinton years, conservatives in Congress blocked most of his agenda and pulled him to the right. Yet never in that period did I read any headlines suggesting that anyone was calling for the assassinations of presidents Nixon, Ford, Reagan, or either of the Bushes. Criticize them, yes. Call for their impeachment, perhaps. But there were no bounties on their heads. And even when someone did try to kill Ronald Reagan, the perpetrator was non-political mental case who wanted merely to impress Jody Foster.

But elect a liberal who happens to be Black and we're back in the sixties again. At this point in our history, we should be proud that we've proven what conservatives are always saying -- that in America anything is possible, EVEN electing a black man as president. But instead we now hear that school children from Maine to California are talking about wanting to "assassinate Obama."
Fighting the urge to throw up, I can only ask, "How long?" How long before we white people realize we can't make our nation, much less the whole world, look like us? How long until we white people can - once and for all - get over this hell-conceived preoccupation with skin color? How long until we white people get over the demonic conviction that white skin makes us superior? How long before we white people get over our bitter resentments about being demoted to the status of equality with non-whites? How long before we get over our expectations that we should be at the head of the line merely because of our white skin? How long until we white people end our silence and call out our peers when they share the latest racist jokes in the privacy of our white-only conversations?
I believe in free speech, but how long until we white people start making racist loudmouths as socially uncomfortable as we do flag burners? How long until we white people will stop insisting that blacks exercise personal responsibility, build strong families, educate themselves enough to edit the Harvard Law Review, and work hard enough to become President of the United States, only to threaten to assassinate them when they do? How long before we start "living out the true meaning" of our creeds, both civil and religious, that all men and women are created equal and that "red and yellow, black and white" all are precious in God's sight?
Until this past November 4, I didn't believe this country would ever elect an African American to the presidency. I still don't believe I'll live long enough to see us white people get over our racism problem. But here's my three-point plan:
First, everyday that Barack Obama lives in the White House that Black Slaves Built, I'm going to pray that God (and the Secret Service) will protect him and his family from us white people.

Second, I'm going to report to the FBI any white person I overhear saying, in seriousness or in jest, anything of a threatening nature about President Obama.
Third, I'm going to pray to live long enough to see America surprise the world once again, when white people can "in spirit and in truth" sing of our damnable color prejudice, "We HAVE overcome."

It (now) takes a Village to protect our President!!! The video is posted by Benny,,, (OK) Watch It Please, you will enjoy it...Open with Power point veiwer.
Attachments:
  • VOTE_ON_NOVEMBER_4.pps, 5 MB   .....< IF YOU HAVE POWER POINT VIEWER...OPEN THIS YOU WILL ENJOY IT VERY MUCH.....

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He could Become one of your best Friends. He's White, Rich, and a Crook.
OPEN IT YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID.
VOTE_ON_NOVEMBER_4.pps, 5 MB
That was very, very deep Bro Benny.

How quickly so many of our own people forget how much ground we've gained and how far we've come. What Barack Obama has done was not supoose to happen but it did and IMO, it was do in large part because King George tha W put the shaft to everyone, black, white, foreign and domestic and as my dad once told me. To pain you will obey. People were losing their jobs, their homes, their savings and peace of mind as they know it so something had to give and at the end of the day, it was the economy that put Obama in the White House. That's not as important as the fact he's there.

Now, having said that, in 2008, you still had those ultra conservative, so called christians on the right who would rather watch their own mother die an unnecessary death or sacrifice their 1st born than conceed any authority to a black man. Fast forward to today with these "teabaggers", so called americans for prosperity, freedomworks and many others who who IMO are nothing more tham modern day Nazi's following the lead of someone as dumb as a bag of hammers, Sarah Palin.

Their faithful pack heat at political gatherings, have communicated threats against not only the president but the government itself, "hutaree militia" for example. They want "their" country back, they want secession, they want their way, not the american way and what these vernim keep forgetting is. They LOST the election. They're more concerned with keeping their hunting rifles than affordable healthcare for their own families. More concerned with division than unity and want to take this country back to their old bygone days of seperate but "unequal", of total white power, dominance and control. This is not 1950 or 60. It's 2010 and this is not some bad dream. These racist @$$#O!e$ are not still just alive and well but their ranks are growing and these domestic terrorists are the clear and present danger of our time.

Finally, there's no doubt whatsoever in my own mind this secessionist, hate mongering rhetoric is driven by RACE. Some people perhaps too young or to stupid to even be honest with themselves will think the presentation Benny posted is fake or somehow try to discount it's content. Professor Manis is obviously a man of courage, conviction and "honesty".

I could roar on all day with my thoughts and opinions about matters such as this but i'll return to the tall grass and leave it there for now.
@Loin King Bro you reply is just as powerful as That of Pro. Manis,

I hope The White people read both your Words as well as those of the Professor's and pass them on too, all the Race Baiting Haters.
Thanks Bro Benny, I appreciate that.

This is "deadly serious" stuff. Not some horror movie we can just walk out of or a channel we can change. This mindset and these bigots not only have to be accounted for but dealt with.

For the record, I want to be perfectly clear about something.

My comments were not intended to be anti-white and anyone who accually knows me, including a few members of ISC will tell you that. Besides, it's the men (white) that have historically always kept some sxi# started and caused all the problems, not the women. Sarah "she devil wears prada" Palin being the exception to that of course, lol.

Nah, this is about good v evil, right v wrong and survival v being eliminated. I equate these low life "teabagging" P's OS and their reich wing menions with the boyz in the hood blowing each other brains out, making babies they can't or won't care for and otherwise being a menace to society as a whole. It's always about "them" and not the greater good.

Kinda like this redneck gov in Virginia proclaiming confederate history month. "WTF".

Loin King, "hmmm", roflmao,,,, but it does speak to who or what I really am. Can't go wrong either way.
I read the post but don't watch videos. I haven't anyone say they were going to hurt anybody. Benny you will grow old and die waiting for a race war that will not happen. When God told Isaiah what was going to happen to his children I really did not see it possible that streets would be burned with fire. I am pretty sure that if anything happens to Obama, this very thing will occur. It will also do more to make him appear more like a leader because he isn't. If anyone wants to report me to the F.B.I. then go ahead. They deal with crazy people all the time and they don't have the money to prosecute the innocent. I may be wrong, let's just see what happens. It is impossible to go back in time. We can't go back to the way things used to be, we can only move forward. During the civil rights movement weren't there marches where there was imminent danger from the police? Dr. King dreamed of a world where color didn't matter. Now we think we have fulfilled his dream by electing a black president.
What should happen to me because I disagree with you?
Frederick You are Crazy aren't You? "Well" that ain't a question, That's a Fact, "You are really Crazy" Where in any of my discussion have I called for a "RACE WAR"?

Why in the heck are you quoting Dr. King? And God only Helps Those That Helps Themselves, If you can't see the Teabaggers as Racist, Then God will forsake You, and Your Kind....
Perhaps that old saying comes to mind Benny in terms of aspiring teabaaggers.

If they can't lick um, they may as well join um.

Ahhh ha ha ha ha ha ha
My personal mindset has nothing to do with this discussion. I quote Dr King because he marched for MY freedom too. God says ,"I will never leave you or forsake you". You say He will. I would rather listen to the one who doesn't die.

RSS

Members

© 2014   Created by MingleCity.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service